Wednesday 25 August 2021

Explode the lunch bag!!!! (experiment)

 Today my class was able to choose a science experiment of our choice. Our choices was building a fizz inflator, make a volcano or you could explode a lunch bag, and I chose to explode a lunch bag. Making this activity was easy. I found no difficulties in the making of the science experiment. The instructions were easy to follow. This is what I had to do... 

  1. Go outside – or at least do this in the kitchen sink.
  2. Put 1/4 cup of pretty warm water into the bag.
  3. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the water in the bag.
  4. Put 3 teaspoons of baking soda into the middle of the tissue
  5. Wrap the the baking soda up in the tissue by folding the tissue around it.
  6. You will have to work fast now – partially zip the bag closed but leave enough space to add the baking soda packet. Put the tissue with the baking soda into the bag and quickly zip the bag completely closed.
  7. Put the bag in the sink or down on the ground (outside) and step back. The bag will start to expand, and expand, and if all goes well…POP!  
If you want to want to make your own science experiment you could visit https://sciencebob.com/





 

4 comments:

  1. Morena Angela,

    Pop! What a fun experiment that you completed. I liked that the bag was able to pop twice. Why do you think that was? I would love to knw some more about the chemical reaction and why the bag 'explodes'. What is actually going on? Let me know and add it tp your quality blog post.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon Miss Hickling,

    I was not sure if my experiment was going to pop the 2nd time. But when It popped the 2nd time I was more frightened because I wasn't expecting it , and thank you helpful comment.

    Ma te wa,
    Arcangela

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.