Wednesday 18 August 2021

Bees

 This week my class had a science experiment about how bees pollinate flowers. The equipment we had was a tuning fork, a cut ballon, plastic cup, flour ( pollen), paint brush, black laminated paper. Before we did our experiment we had to read the instruction. We used the balloon to cover the top of the cup, then brushed the flour (pollen) onto the balloon after that we hit the tuning fork on a desk or on a chair. Then we gently tip the cup sideways, so I could touch the cup with the tuning fork so we can see the difference. 


After our Science experiment we were to read and find fact about bees. My group called ruby rhinos read the "The Language of Bees and Other Insects" book by Megan Kopp on epic, with our teacher. Our group  had to find key information from the book, then find 20 keywords. When we had 20 key words we narrowed it down to 6 words, after we had our 6 words we had to form up sentences with 6 words.

   

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Angela,

    Kai pai for writing such a detailed and informative quality block post. I am very impressed with the detail you have added. Your summary has been well thought out and I enjoyed seeing a unique design. Keep up the fantastic mahi. What learning task are you working on next? Ngā mihi, Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Miss Hickling
      I am glad you like my blog post the next thing I am working on is my robot blog post.
      Kakite

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.