Saturday 25 April 2020

Anzac Day Stand At Dawn

Hi everyone this morning on Anzac day I woke up at 5:30 by my Mom to prepare for the Stand At Dawn. I quietly ran and changed into my black Samoan dress and red coat then braided my hair and added Poppy flowers that were printed and attached to a bobby pin and went outside just before 6am. When I was outside, my Mom took photos of me and my brother then a trumpet played at exactly 6 o'clock, then fireworks. There were other people from our street also standing by their letterboxes at 6am this morning. Bye and God bless everyone.  

Ode To The Fallen
They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest we forget.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Angela,
    What a beautiful way to honour those people who gave their lives for our country. I liked that you wore your black Samoan Dress and added the poppies to your hair. Thank you to you and your family for sharing this special moment on Anzac Day.
    God Bless
    Mrs Tilley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.