Tuesday 8 June 2021

Samoa Tatau

 During the Samoan language week, my reading group named Ruby Rhinos were learning about the Samoan tatau. Tatau is the Samoan word for tattoo. Both of my parent have the tatau they both of got their tattoos made the traditional way. There are two ways of making the Samoan tattoo. There's the traditional one, and the other that uses a modern tattoo machine. The traditional way of making the tattoo involves a shark tooth! ( I learnt this from the book named Man at sea. ) I enjoyed this activity a lot. Would you want a Samoan tattoo and if you do would you get it done in the traditional way using a shark's tooth?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.